Farm Energy Efficiency Assessments

Bockensteadt BarnAre you interested in making upgrades that would lower your energy bill? Are you wondering if solar panels would be a good investment? Clayton County Energy District in cooperation with Winneshiek Energy District is working closely with USDA NRCS, local SWCDs, and others to help figure out your energy efficiency and renewable energy options.


  • Do you have old lighting that needs an upgrade? Up to 75% cost-share is available on NRCS EQIP eligible LED and high efficiency linear fluorescent lighting in agricultural facilities, plus additional rebates from your electric utility. LEDs are long lasting and can lower both energy and maintenance costs.


  • Would you like to control your LP bill? There is also EQIP cost-share from NRCS that can help cover the cost of upgraded insulation, barn heaters or grain drying systems.


  • Solar is a great option is becoming more and more popular. Payback times have fallen to as low as 5 years in some situations. Not bad for systems with a 20+ year warranty.


Contact us immediately to help you access NRCS EQIP cost-share to help fund your updates. EQIP requires an Agricultural Energy Management Plan to apply for energy practice cost-share. Call or sign up online by the end of December and the Energy District will provide you with an Ag Energy Management Plan that meets USDA standards in time for the spring EQIP cost-share application deadline.  More Info


Call Joel Zook at 319-640-9006 to sign up. Or, sign up online